Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Sausages

One of my favorite things to make these days is sausage. Whether I use Julie Hanson's recipe which is mostly vital wheat gluten, or Isa's recipe that mixes gluten with mashed beans, I love that it makes so many sausages in the end. I find that I can't eat them all within a few days, so I just throw them into the freezer for another time.



Seeing as though I had about a dozen sausages hanging around, I decided to whip up some mac and cheese using some Creamy Cheddar Teese. I've never used Teese before for mac and cheese, or any other kind of block cheese for that matter. I wasn't really sure what to do, so I just melted the Teese on the stove. I'm used to making a cheesy sauce in the blender and then throwing it in the oven for a half hour to harden up a bit.



It came out less appetizing than I had hoped. I was able to eat most of what was on my plate, but the thought of eating the rest of it grossed me out. Sorry, Teese! I wanted to like you in my mac and cheese, but it's just not happening. I still love your mozzarella, and I'm going to make some pizza on my new-ish pizza stone someday.



All plated up. I also fried up a tomato, but it just didn't come out that great. I can't wait until tomoato season starts so I can eat real tomatoes again. After eating ones fresh from the garden all my life, I can't stomach those terrible ones they sell at the store year-round.

5 comments:

Dave said...

Those sausages look good. Will be trying.

Lily Girl said...

I can't stand store-bought tomatoes either, at any time of year. I just don't eat them if they are not in season either in my garden or at the farmer's market.
I make a couple different flavors of sausages at once and freeze them all to use later, it's so easy and convenient.

Elizabeth Bond said...

I can't wait to try the sausage!

Nicole said...

I used to always say that I hated tomatoes..until I tried one fresh off the vine. The difference was crazy!

lauren ikon said...

The trick to creamy cheddar teese mac and cheese:

cook the noodles, duh.
in a pan heat up some plain milk of choice, add EB to liking, add teese.
melt. add noodles. add parsley flakes, garlic powder, salt and pepper.

mmmmmsogood.