Wednesday, October 1, 2008

VeganMoFo day 1: Isa Is So Pretty


VeganMoFo starts today! Shoot! I completely forgot until I read my friends list over on livejournal. Thank goodness for syndicated vegan journals.

Just like most other college kids, I don't have a whole lot of time. I work and go to school almost every day, and if I ever have some spare time I'm usually napping. I can usually find time to cook on Thursdays since I have the whole day off from everything. Since tomorrow is Thursday, I think I'm going to try to make something awesome. I was making the Cheezy sauce from VCon tonight for some nachos, and I glanced over and saw the Dill Tahini Sauce. I think I'm going to have to make that because I love tahini sauce, and I love dill.

Since I am busy, my boyfriend and I go out to eat pretty often. There are a lot of options for veg-friendly food around Worcester. There are two all vegan restaurants, and a good handful of veg-friendly ones. The restaurant we go to most for special occasions is Nancy Chang. My family and I go there for birthdays, graduations, visits from other family members and all other sorts of reasons.

Nancy Chang is great because they offer vegetarian chicken and shrimp. It does cost $1.50 extra and you get less food than the omni version, but I don't care because it's so good. Personally, I've never tried the shrimp because it sort of weirds me out. I love to get the Orange Chicken and a dish of Broccoli with Garlic Sauce.

The menu has a V next to any dish that is vegetarian, which makes it easy to pick out things to eat. It's not always fun going through every dish and noticing that they all contain some weird animal.

1 comment:

Jen said...

nomnomnomnomnom.....