Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Snacks


I am getting a little sick of pudding, but thankfully I'm starting to be able to eat more solid food. Last time I got the Kozy Shack Soy Pudding, I only got the chocolate flavor. I got a coupon for $1 off my next purchase of two packs, so I went back and got another chocolate and a vanilla. I can officially say I really super like the chocolate one. The vanilla one, not so much. It's not awful, but I don't enjoy it on its own. When I did eat it, I ate it along with a chocolate one to balance it out. I'm not sure what it is that I don't like about it, so don't let my opinion sway you either way. If you typically like vanilla pudding, you should go out and pick some up. This will encourage Kozy Shack to keep making this, and maybe in the future they'll even make butterscotch? Oh that would be a fabulous addition.


Another product I've been eating the hell out of lately is Sweet Nothings Fat Free Non-Dairy Fudge Bars. Whew, that's a mouth full. After looking these up online, I realized they are put out by Turtle Mountain, which are the same people who make So Delicious ice cream. No wonder these are so good. They are fudgsicles, but super healthy. Check out their Nutrition Facts:

Servings Size 1 bar (75g)
Servings Per Container 6
Amount Per Servings
Calories 100 Calories from Fat 0
% Daily Values*
Total Fat 0g 0%
Saturated Fat 0g 0%
Cholesterol 0g 0%
Sodium 5mg 0%
Total Carbohydrate 23g 8%
Dietary Fiber 0g 12%
Sugar 12g
Protein 1g
Vitamin A 2% Vitamin C 8%
Calcium 0% Iron 0%
INGREDIENTS: FILTERED WATER, MIXED FRUIT CONCENTRATE (PINEAPPLE SYRUP, APPLE, PEAR AND PEACH CONCENTRATES), BROWN RICE SYRUP, PEA STARCH, COCOA (PROCESSED WITH ALKALI), CAROB BEAN GUM, GUAR GUM, NATURAL FLAVOR.

These are great if I want something like ice cream. I can eat 1 for 100 calories, or I can eat the whole damn box for 600 calories. Not that I would necessarily go that wild, but if I DID I wouldn't ruin my calorie intake for the day.

3 comments:

Jen Treehugger said...

Oh WOW!
I like the sound of the fudge bars!

Anonymous said...

I love soy pudding. The brand available in stores by me is Zen Soy and it's delicious.

Anonymous said...

I've been looking for that pudding but no luck so far!