Saturday, October 11, 2008

Mofo Survey



1. Favorite non-dairy milk?
I usually just get a small container of plain Price Chopper brand soy milk. If I have a lot of cooking to do, I'll get a half gallon.

2. What are the top 3 dishes/recipes you are planning to cook?
Egg McVegans, pizza on my new pizza stone, pad thai

3. Topping of choice for popcorn?
Hmm...I haven't had popcorn in a pretty long time.

4. Most disastrous recipe/meal failure?
I can't remember making anything that tasted too foul, but one time I made crepes. Before I was able to cook them, I dropped the bowl of batter on the floor and it all went down into the heater vent.

5. Favorite pickled item?
Dill pickles! I also enjoy pickled beets.

6. How do you organize your recipes?
I have the top shelf of my bookshelf in my room filled with cookbooks and zines, then I have a few in the kitchen, and I also have a 3-ring-binder with printed out recipes in it. It's all very unorganized and I tend to reprint recipes because I can never find what I'm looking for.

7. Compost, trash, or garbage disposal?
I try to compost at much as possible. We have a compost bin in the backyard for our garden.

8. If you were stranded on an island and could only bring 3 foods...what would they be (don't worry about how you'll cook them)?
Ribz, pad thai, pizza

9. Fondest food memory from your childhood?
My mom making her homemade mac and cheese. She would always add diced tomatoes to it at the end, and now I almost always do that when I make my own version.

10. Favorite vegan ice cream?
Tofutti Marry Me Bars. Whoamigod.

11. Most loved kitchen appliance?
My blender.

12. Spice/herb you would die without?
Garlic/onion powder

13. Cookbook you have owned for the longest time?
Probably the Vegetarian Times cookbook, though I've never made anything out of it.

14. Favorite flavor of jam/jelly?
Blackberry

15. Favorite vegan recipe to serve to an omni friend?
Pasta

16. Seitan, tofu, or tempeh?
I choose not to choose one. I think I use tofu the most, then tempeh, then seitan, but I love them all.

17. Favorite meal to cook (or time of day to cook)?
Dinner.

18. What is sitting on top of your refrigerator?
My crappy food processor, random recipes, hazelnuts that I need to use eventually, other really random stuff

19. Name 3 items in your freezer without looking.
Banana slices, mixed berries, lots and lots of peas.

20. What's on your grocery list?
Fruits and vegetables, english muffins, pasta sauce

21. Favorite grocery store?
I like Price Chopper because it is so close to me and has vegan butterscotch chips (and I get gas discounts there), Shaws has a good "natural foods" section, Trader Joes has some good cheap stuff, and Whole Foods has so much variety. I also like Price Rite because it's so effing cheap.

22. Name a recipe you'd love to veganize, but haven't yet.
Shit meat! My stepmom used to make this stuff, and my dad can't pronounce it so he always calls it shit meat. It was so good. I have the recipe waiting for me to try it someday. I'll probably use seitan when I do it.

23. Food blog you read the most (besides Isa's because I know you check it everyday). Or maybe the top 3?
Get Sconed! Vegan Feast. Kittee's blog.

24. Favorite vegan candy/chocolate?
I love those dark chocolate truffle bars from Trader Joes.

25. Most extravagant food item purchased lately?
I haven't bought anything lately except pudding.


No comments: